flashHeader

Kim version 2.0

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Odaiba ODAIBA baby

BABY

Note to Kim:

STOP LEAVING YOUR CELLPHONE AT HOME

Hi.
So on Saturday, I went to this place called "Odaiba". Odaiba is this like super wealthy and artificially made area in Tokyo. From what I hear, not many people in Tokyo really go to Odaiba. It was hard to tell since it was raining like crazy, but even so there was still a fair share of people there. I would post hella pictures of Odaiba, but yeah left the cell phone at home. It's very rare for me to leave my cellphone behind, but somehow this week I've done it four times. When I leave my phone behind, I'm always paranoid I could be getting some super important messages.

Damn, now I actually am a little annoyed that I left my phone behind. Odaiba is a really pretty place. There's this huge ferris wheel that changes colors during the night time. It looks like this huge beautiful creature when the color changes. There's also this fake Golden Gate looking bridge called "Rainbow Bridge" and a mini Statue of Liberty. When I saw the mini Statue of Liberty, I told a friend about a story I heard from another friend. I have no idea if it's true, but according to my friend, in New York the residents who are facing the backside of the Statue of Liberty call her "the bitch" cause ... I guess she's turning her back on them. Doesn't even matter if it's true, it's still hella funny to me.

I also saw "The Bucketlist" with Morgan "freckles" Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Movie is really good. I'm glad I paid the 1800 yen to watch it. As an icebreaker or maybe just randomly, I sometimes ask people "what are the things you want to do before you die?". The Bucketlist speaks of this exact topic. Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson's characters are going to die from cancer so they set out to do all the things they want to do before they pass away. Movie starts off slow, but it later on becomes very good. I highly recommend it. Anyway..

Maybe it's cause it's going to be a while before I'm financially set, but in obviously super rich areas I feel a little uneasy. As if I don't belong there. I was talking to Campbell about this, and I guess I'm going to steal his train of thought. I don't like the vibe I feel. But, I love the look. The rich modern look really appeals to me. Oh yeah, so in Odaiba, there's the Fuji Television headquarters building. That building is CRAZY. I don't know to describe it, but just imagine you're standing on the ground and you're looking at this Robot like building. And for some reason in the center of the building, there's a huge sphere that seemed like it crashed there. And the sphere changes colors. CHANGES COLORS. I have this thing for futuristic looking things. If it looks like it's from the future, I want it. Give it now.

Work is the same old stuff, it's becoming a little easier to handle so that's good. Couple more days till that paycheck comes!

Shut up and watch this.



Peace,

-Kim

No comments: